Information on related initiatives
-The EU EIP project held a workshop on Lessons learned from C-ITS Pilots. The presentations can be found here (November 2017).
- With the aim of increasing safety in road traffic, Volkswagen will enable vehicles to communicate with each other as from 2019 - see link (June 2017)
- The CIMEC project, on the role of C-ITS to support city authorities, has published a brochure with recommendations for cities. It can be found here (May 2017).
- The European Commission has adopted a European Strategy on Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS), a milestone towards cooperative, connected and automated mobility. You can find the details here. (December 2016)
- European vehicle manufacturers work towards bringing Vehicle-to-X Communication onto European roads (link) (October 2015).
- Information on the CODECS (COoperative ITS DEployment Coordination Support) project can be found here.
- Information on C-ITS corridor initiatives can be found here.
- U.S. Department of Transportation; Implementation of Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communications Technology, 18 August, 2014.
Car-2-Car communication Consortium
- Video Approaching motorcycle warning
- Video Approaching emergency vehicle
- Video Warning lights on
- Video Warning of roadworks